Both the Federal and Victorian Governments have now announced their Victoria COVID assistance programs for our latest lockdown commencing 15 July 2021.
Key Features for Businesses:
- Eligible Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund recipients will receive $4,200, taking the total payment to $7,200. This will be an automatic payment if your business was successful in receiving the initial Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund in June 2021.
- Business Costs Assistance Program recipients will receive $2,800, increasing the total grant to $4,800. This will be an automatic payment if your business was successful in receiving the Business Costs Assistance Program round 2 in June 2021.
- Eligible public events and public events suppliers affected by the lockdown will receive support of up to $25,000 and $10,000 respectively through an extension of the Impacted Public Events Support Program.
- A new round of the Live Performance Support programs, with funding of up to $7,000 for presenters and up to $2,000 for suppliers, has also been confirmed
- Microbusinesses not registered for GST will be eligible for the Covid-19 Disaster Payment of $600/$375 per seven-day period. The Victorian Government will establish a concierge service to help these businesses access this support.
Businesses that had chosen not to apply for these support programs in relation to the May/June lockdown, or had been ineligible to apply but are now eligible, will be welcome to apply for July lockdown support payments and will be considered outside of the automatic top-up process. The Victorian Government have not yet released details, but you can keep up to date by registering with Business Victoria using the below link.
Key Features for Individuals:
- Victorian employees who have been impacted by the latest lockdown and have lost more than 8 hours of work in a week should be eligible the Commonwealth Government Covid-19 Disaster Payment of either $375 or $600.
- To make a claim, you will need a MyGov account and a CRN number with Centrelink.
For more information on eligibility and applying for the payment, please visit.
Please remember, the team at PJA are here and well equipped to help you with any of your financial concerns during uncertain these times.