Below is a link to our “Individual Tax Return Checklist” for the 2014 FY. Make sure you print it out and bring along all the required documents to your appointment.
Also available for your convenience, we have prepared an “Individual Client Rental Property Checklist” for the 2014 FY. If applicable, please print and complete the details befor your appointment with PJA Accountants.
Below we have listed the services we offer to our clients. This list is by no means exhaustive, and our team of friendly staff would be more than happy to talk about any services you do not see listed.
At PJA Accountants we offer a full range of taxation and accounting services and build solid relationships which stand the test of time.
Taxation can be a major cost to your business. We will work in partnership with you to minimise your tax and help you achieve your key objectives.
We provide a complete service of help and advice in all of the following areas:
- Preparation of annual accountants for companies, trust, partnerships and self managed superannuation funds
- Preparation of all tax returns
- Preparation of activity statements and advice on G.S.T
- FBT obligations
- Advice on and implementation of tax effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Management of any ATO Audits or disputes
- Capital gains tax review and small business tax concessions
- Salary packaging
- Tax planning advice
- Periodic management accounts for tax, business appraisal and planning purposes
Have you ever wondered how your business performs compared to your competitors? Are you spending enough on advertising? Are you paying too much rent? Are your staff costs too high? What is the average bottom line of your competitors?
Survival in today’s business climate requires you to spend more time working on your business rather than in the business.
We can provide you with timely and informative benchmarking reports – allowing you to:
- See how your business compares against your competitors
- Understand how the rest of your industry works
- Analyse the key performance indicators of your industry
Armed with this information, we’ll work with you to develop action strategies to improve your bottom line.
Modern business demands up to date accurate financial information.
We can relieve you and your staff of an enormous burden by taking care of all your bookkeeping and accounting needs, including the preparation of your annual accounts and periodic management accounts for tax, business appraisal and planning purposes.
We will discuss your requirements with you and provide you with tailored information and constructive advice on a regular basis.
A good budget is a necessity in a good business plan. It is one of the best business tools we have, allowing us to set financial targets and measure our performance.
In addition to goal setting value, budgets will often improve your chances of acquiring funding. Financers often require budgets and cashflow projections as a prerequisite for funding approval.
There are many types of budgets and we can help you design the right budget for your needs and requirements.
Let us help you turn your business idea into a reality.
If you have a good idea for a new business venture but don’t have expertise in the legal or financial aspects of creating a new business, we can help you:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business – sole trader, partnership, or limited company or trust
- Prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank
- Register for an Australian Business Number with the ATO
- Complete registration procedures with Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
We can provide you with accurate, timely and informative cashflow forecasting reports – allowing you to:
- Realise and understand when cash is available
- Plan and prepare for expansion, stock control, and taxes
- Analyse and anticipate key expenses
The GST system is a complex and confusing one. For this reason PJA Accountants ensures its staff are continuously up to date on the changes, and able to offer you accurate advice.
Every transaction now brings with it a GST issue. We have experience with these issues and are able to offer expert advice on the implications of GST for your business. The GST related services we offer include, but are not limited to:
- Advice on registering for GST
- Filing and adjusting GST returns
- ATO audit assistance
Our aim is to ensure your business achieves the potential it’s capable of. We have the know how and experience to offer advice to help you run your business more effectively.
We are practiced in acting as a sounding board for management, bringing to the relationship years of experience in business growth. We can identify key performance indicators in your business, through which you will see the positive changes occurring with the help of our professional consultants.
We are able to check that your business is as competitive, focused, and profitable as it can be. We then offer flexible strategies, designed to address the issues affecting your business.
Let us give your business a health check. Take the practical advice we can give to ensure the continual success of your venture.
Primary Production for Privacy Production Businesses involves specific business, financial, and taxation issues, and as such requires a specialist understanding of the industry. At PJA Accountants we keep abreast of the developments in both the farming and accounting industries, putting us in a position to provide up-to-date and accurate advice.
Our services include:
- Farm budgeting and cash flows
- Farm sales and purchases
- Ownership structures
- Preparation of financial statements
- Seasonal planning
- Succession planning
The pressures of daily business can often mean strategic planning takes a back seat – but to have a successful business you must plan ahead.
We’ll help you establish a strategic plan that looks at where you want your business to be in the next 3-5 years and exactly how you and your team can achieve these aims and objectives.
Your strategic plan will:
- Define the characteristics of your company in three to five years
- Identify your competitors
- Define your objectives and financial goals
- Put in place an effective implementation plan to achieve your goals
There are many scenarios in which you might wish to acquire a business enterprise. Whatever the situation, PJA Accountants is able to take the stress out and maximise the opportunity for you.
Whether you are considering buying a business or merging with another business, we have the experience and the necessary expertise. We ask the right questions, and find the right answers. Are you getting a good deal? Is the business right for you? Can you afford it? Have all avenues for future growth been investigated?
The services we provide incorporate every stage of the process – from identifying potential acquisitions, through to the negotiations of the commercial elements of the transaction, through to forecasting the future of the business. Incorporated in this is:
- A review of your goals and objectives
- Due diligence services
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Advice on potential pitfalls and rewards involved in a merger
- Assistance with purchase negotiations
- Advice on financing
- Assistance with preparation of a business plan
Calling on the skills of professionals means you will be far less likely to purchase an unsuitable business. Let PJA Accountants show you how our experience can save you from stress, and provide you with the great opportunity a business acquisition or merger can be.
Charitable trusts are trusts set up to hold money or assets and carry out activities for the benefit of the community.
At PJA Accountants we know the practicalities of charitable trusts. We are able to assist you by:
- Preparing the trust deed
- Applying to the ATO for an ABN
- Organising tax exemptions where applicable
Most importantly, our experience enables us to ensure that your trust is used to effectively reach your charitable goals.
Company legislation requires businesses to perform many administrative tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you are complying with the Corporations Law.
The possible threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take.
At PJA Accountants we are able to relieve this burden for you. Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing of annual returns on your behalf
- Preparation of all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintenance of statutory records
- Assistance in changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Bonus Issues
- Share transfers
- Registered Office Facility
Please contact us for further information on how we can help you to get back to the task of running your business.
As unpleasant as the task is, estate planning is one of the necessities in life. It allows peace of mind knowing your hard earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose.
For business owners, a plan for succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the process of providing for business continuity.
We also can refer you to our solicitors who can assist you in preparing your will.
Financial planning ensures your financial goals can be met through the development of comprehensive and effective strategies that will strengthen your financial security. These strategies provide a source of income other than your business or employment income.
We are able to refer you to a panel of different financial advisory firms with whom we have had a long relationship to assist you in:
- portfolio management
- wealth creation
- risk management
A wide range of financing options exist. Due to our professional association with a number of financiers, we can assist in structuring debt to help maximise tax benefits.
We can also work with your existing financiers to achieve your goals.
The key to avoiding insolvency is to seek professional help as soon as the first signs of difficulty appear. The experienced professionals at PJA Accountants are able to assist in identifying problem areas, and suggest solutions to improve the position of the company. Timely and expert advice may be able to save your business from liquidation or receivership.
In the event that liquidation or receivership is necessary, PJA Accountants also has the experience and skills required to assist.
If your business is struggling under financial and operational difficulties, proactive and insightful action is vital for avoidance or minimisation of the ramifications. Contact us today for an appointment and expert advice to aid your situation.
Selling a business can be a difficult, often disheartening time. In this state the tasks involved in selling a business can seem particularly onerous. Here at PJA Accountants we are able to relieve that stress for you.
The services we provide in relation to organising the selling of a business include:
- Obtaining comparative results
- Establishing a realistic sale price
- Taking the business to the market
- Negotiating with potential purchasers
- Drafting a contract
Our friendly and professional staff are able to assist in such a way that a maximum return for your business can be achieved.
In ensuring the long term success of your business, It is critical to establish a well-designed succession plan. Coordination of the transition of your business to your successors can be an onerous process. However, with our years of experience we can address the complex issues of business continuation, taking the stress off your shoulders.
Contact us for more information on forming a plan that allows for a hassle free continuation of your business.
As the Government encourages Australians to take responsibility for and reach their financial retirement goals, citizens are repeatedly required to deal with Superannuation funds.
Self-managed Superannuation is a means of saving for retirement. It allows you to control your investment strategy, reduce tax while obtaining tax benefits, and control administration costs.
Superannuation law is a delicate area and personalised planning is required for each individual. At PJA Accountants we can assist in establishing a superannuation fund that will effectively allow you to reach your financial retirement goals.
Services we offer include:
- Establishment of Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Advice concerning Compliance Matters
- Advice concerning Taxation Benefits
- Advice on Employer obligations
A trust provides a valuable way of protecting the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others.
We have extensive experience and so are able to offer specialist advice on Trust formation, ensuring that all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in Trust administration will also be invaluable.
We are able to:
- Prepare and execute the vital documentation involved in Trust formation
- Attend to the special requirements involved in reporting for Trusts
- Trust administration
- Minute keeping service
- Annual accounts
- Asset management
- Investment monitoring
- Income distribution
Contact us today to ensure that your trust is formed and administered as effectively as possible, covering all legal requirements allowing it to fulfil its purpose.